my friend recently had a bridal shower. she’s part of a group of girls i’ve known for more than 20 years, so giving her a basic kitchen item off her registry didn’t feel appropriate–especially since i know she’s not much of a cook.
instead, us gals put together a tote-ally awesome bag of goodies that we knew she’d actually use and enjoy.
we had to celebrate her new monogram with a bag perfect for the honeymoon and her new last name. this one, by boulevard, is the “friday” style. it’s lightweight, durable, and has a zipper to keep everything inside during the flight. the monogramming is included in the price and they have a slew of fonts to choose from, five different colors of nylon, and eight options for the personalization colors. we went with a cherry bag and silver foil.
then we stuffed the thing full-—with items meant for her honeymoon in italy.
• his and hers neck pillows for the few hours they’ll log on the airplane.
• a trio of goodies from their future destination to get the bride and groom even more excited for their trip: • a bottle of chianti and a duo of candies i picked up at eataly.
• an itunes gift card so they can stock up on movies for the long flight.
• a miss now mrs gift card to help with the name-changing process post-wedding.
• a headphone splitter so they can share the ipad and watch those movies together.
• imprinted luggage tags for each of them, so there’s no confusion on the luggage carousel.
• a handbook on italy and a petite phrasebook to help cross that language barrier.